Topic: Using libsqlite3.so

Hi Luc,

I was wondering if the component could search the executable folder and subfolders for the sqlite library so that I can deploy an application using the current library and not rely on the user to have the correct library installed?

Regards
Dave big_smile

Re: Using libsqlite3.so

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure the library should handle that but I will think about it. Your program could scan folders/subfolders,  then fill the Database.sqliteLib property once a correct lib is found.

Do you already have this kind of code ?

Regards
Luc

I did try using the path to the library which I had placed with the database, but it didn't work, setting the Database.sqlieLib prperty brought up an error, when I just let the component find the default path it then works, my reasoning behind the reqest is that we have make the new library to have the components work, so could we expect a user to do the same to be able to deploy an application, I also notice that with some mysql based programs if you don't have the correct library version (e.g. libmysql15.so) then the program won't run, as I believe that libmysql is now 16. If we were able to deploy the library that we have compiled and used with the component it would solve this potential problem.

Regards
Dave

I tried this for the next few ways you say, that I did not succeed.

I'm still working on this part of code... smile