Topic: MudBox

Hi there, I don't know shit about mudbox, I've been using it at home for about 5 hours. Seems pretty cool so far but there are a couple things I would like it to do so perhaps someone could tell me if they exist.

1. Is there any way to morph back to your original mesh, ie I want to erase back to part of a mesh, unfortunately I don't have any of that work on a layer so the original subdivision has edits on it. It would be nice if I could load up the base mesh and apply the mudbox deformation as a layer and blend between the 2.

2. Is there an air brush feature, or do I physically have to move the mouse/pen for deformation to happen. I would like to click and hold in one spot and have that spot get pinched for example until I release.

3. Is there any way to apply a projection evenly across a model with one click, I saw you can go into projection mode but I still have to paint the projection so it's uneven. Wait, I'm guessing flood fill would do that?

4. Is there any way to reset all the brush settings to default?

5. Is there any way to invert a mask or should I always flood fill for a mask and then erase the part I want to be affected.

soccer uniform | cheap jerseys | football shirt shop

Last edited by Neeraj555 (2013-09-13 08:45:19)

Re: MudBox

They've been posting the videos up at the autodesk area forums.
I've been using mudbox since the beta of the first release, and have long been looking forward to these performance enhancments. The other new features like the real time shaders and paint engine is icing, but this release of mudbox is certainly going to make zbrush 3 look weak.
I've only been using zbrush when I have to for a couple of features it has, but there will no longer be any reason to use it now.

Spider Injector

Last edited by johansmith (2011-05-24 05:47:18)