Topic: Lazarus on 64bit Linux

Found a problem on one of my machines which is running 64bit Ubuntu 8.04 and the corresponding 64bit Lazarus (0.9.24 and 0.9.26).
Everything seems to compile OK but it looks like there is a problem with integer size assumed to be 32 bit, causing a Segfault.
Same code works fine under 32bit Lazarus.
The debugger showed TSQLitePassDataset.GetBookmarkFlag to be where the fault occured.
I assumed that 64bit Lazarus took the construct 'PInteger(Buffer)^' to be a 64bit integer and I tried the simplistic approach of changing all such references to something like a DWORD pointer, but that did not get me much further.
I try and do some debugging if you have any suggestions of what else might need changing to make the component more 64bit friendly (assuming thats what the problem is).

Regards,
John.

Re: Lazarus on 64bit Linux

Hi,

Because those topics have been answered, but you still always open a new topic if you need to.

I couldn't answer the 64 bit Linux topic because I didn't have any 64 bit computer available around to test the components...but I've got one now...

Regards.

Re: Lazarus on 64bit Linux

Lazarus is an IDE to create (graphical and console) applications with Free Pascal. Free Pascal is a (L)GPL'ed Pascal and Object Pascal compiler that runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and more.

Lazarus is the missing part of the puzzle that will allow you to develop programs for all of the above platforms in a Delphi like environment. The IDE is a RAD tool that includes a form designer.

Unlike Java's "write once, run anywhere" motto, Lazarus and Free Pascal strive for "write once, compile anywhere". Since the exact same compiler is available on all of the above platforms you don't need to do any recoding to produce identical products for different platforms.

Spider Injector

Last edited by johansmith (2011-05-24 05:47:15)