Topic: Website Links pointing to PDF documents

The home page and download links point to PDFs rather than web pages.
I had to work out that the path to the new version was http://source.online.free.fr/Sources/SQ … s_0.35.zip

Thanks for the new version, I'm looking at trying out the Locate function which I was having trouble with.

Regards,
John.

Re: Website Links pointing to PDF documents

Hi John,

Yes, you are right, the download link points to a pdf file. This pdf file contains internet links to download the different component/demo versions.

This way of doing things can seem strange. In fact, I don't have a handy html/css editor and I found pdf was the easiest way to maintain the main page.

Anyway, let me know if you experience other problems with the site.

Regarding your question :

John wrote:

"I have a question regarding  SqlitePassDataset.Locate, which I can't get to find records.
For instance, I found that SqlitePassDataset.Lookup would work as follows:
        V:= TimeTagSqlitePassDataset.Lookup('ProbeID;TransferDate', VarArrayOf([TMDProbeID,FloatToStr(TMDProbeDate)]), 'TransferDate');
        if (VarType(V) in [varNull]) then  // there is no duplicate entry
But the following would find nothing:
          if not TimeTagSqlitePassDataset.Locate('ProbeID;TransferDate', VarArrayOf([TMDProbeID, FloatToStr(TMDProbeDate)]), []) then  // there is no duplicate entry

Not sure if Locate would be any faster than using Lookup.
I am using SQLitePass 0.34 and sqlite 3.54 with Delphi 7."

I let you try with the 0.35 version.
the difference of speed between locate and lookup shouldn't be very important (I didn't test locate versus lookup on huge dataset). The actual implementation keeps track of all the records matching the locate or lookup pattern. I plan to add an new property to limit the number of records returned by the locate/lookup properties.

If you have problem again, you can send a sample of your database. I'll be pleased to help you.

Regards.

Luc

Yes, I see that now. It's just that Firefox under Ubuntu Linux brings up the PDF in a separate application and I didn't realize I could click on the links in the PDF.

Locate also seems to work fine now, thanks for your efforts.

I have the same problems. Until now, I don't understand about it. thanks for the topic answeres, maybe it can help me.