Topic: sqlitepassdbo-31b

Hi Luc,

Downloaded and tried the new version in Ubuntu 7.10, still the same problem with not connecting to the database, could you fix the open dialog to stay at the last directory opened instead of the desktop (might be the reason for not connecting as the path might change, don't know, just a suggestion), thanks for your hard work, really appreciate what you are doing.

PS works ok in xp

Re: sqlitepassdbo-31b

Ok Dave,

I don't have this problem on linux, so I would like to check this :

- First, did you compile and install the libsqlitepass3.so in /user/lib as described in the tutorial ?
  - If not, try this
  - You can also use the Database.sqlitelibrary property  to connect to an alternative sqlite library (must be compiled as shown on tutorial). If you don't fill this property, the default one (libsqlitepass3.so) will be used and of course it must be in system PATH.
  - if you already tried this...then I've got something wrong.

Anyway, I check this and try to fix the default path in the open dialog box.

Hi Luc,

Ok I tried the compile and got this result: david@dad:~$ cd /home/david/downloads/sqlitepass_354
david@dad:~/downloads/sqlitepass_354$  gcc -c sqlite3.c 
david@dad:~/downloads/sqlitepass_354$ gcc -shared -Wl, -soname, sqlitepass3.so.3.5.4 -o libsqlitepass3.so sqlite3.o
gcc: sqlitepass3.so.3.5.4: No such file or directory
gcc: unrecognised option '-soname,'
david@dad:~/downloads/sqlitepass_354$

I then downloaded the linux compiled library from the downloads section and installed in usr/lib, still would not connect, tried libsqlite3.so and the database opened, so go figure. I'm not sure what is wrong, everything seems ok but would not connect using the sqlite3dbopass library.

I tried again to compile the library and got the same message as yours, then I tried to compile as root. It worked.

so, in the console window, enter

sudo -s

then enter the root password or yours if you had the the same rights as roots (but you don't because the compilation didn't work)

compile as you did.

Finally, to copy the libsqlitepass3.so file to /usr/lib press alt+F2 and enter

gksudo nautilus

Re-enter root password or yours to have enough rights to copy the libsqlitepass3.so generated with gcc and owned by root.

I really don't know much about linux but it should work.
If someone has got a better way, you are very welcome.

A last,
to test the sqlitepass components, I put them in /media/windows (on my window ntfs partition) so I don't have to play with administration/root rights with these files

Bug Under Lazarus :
at designtime and may be at runtime the dbaware components don't display dataset data (except with the sqlitepassdboDemo where the database/dataset components are created by code)
It works ok with Delphi 4...

I keep on working on 0.32 but I very busy at work and the help file update is quite a big job.

I hope it helps.

Luc

Hi Luc,
Thank you for trying to solve the problem, I had tried to compile previously as root using the root terminal, and I copied exactly what you suggested and got the following result:
david@dad:~$ sudo -s
[sudo] password for david:
root@dad:~# cd /home/david/downloads/sqlitepass_354
root@dad:~/downloads/sqlitepass_354# gcc -c sqlite3.c
root@dad:~/downloads/sqlitepass_354# gcc -shared -Wl, -soname, sqlitepass3.so.3.5.4 -o libsqlitepass3.so sqlite3.o
gcc: sqlitepass3.so.3.5.4: No such file or directory
gcc: unrecognised option '-soname,'
root@dad:~/downloads/sqlitepass_354# , anyway, even using your compiled library the database will not connect, but will connect using the sqlite3.so library. So I do not think that compiling the library is the real problem, although it would be nice to be able to do it. Which version of gcc are you using?

Dave,

gcc --version gives :

gcc (GCC) 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)

I don't think this is the problem.

Could you try the following statement. It seems to compile ok and to generate the libsqlitepass3.so even if you are not root.

gcc -shared -Wl,-soname, -o libsqlitepass3.so sqlite3.o

Thanks

Luc

Hi Luc,

Tried your suggestion and the library compiled ok, copied as root to usr/lib, tried connecting to a database and still will not connect with the libsqlitepass3.so as the sqlite library but will connect using the sqlite3 lib, the problem with trying to use this lib is it obviously generates errors, I dont know if I have done anything wrong in compiling the sqlite3.c file, I followed your tutorial on the web, this is where I have added the #define statement:

** This amalgamation was generated on 2007-12-14 17:40:56 UTC.
*/
#define SQLITE_AMALGAMATION 1
#ifndef SQLITE_PRIVATE
# define SQLITE_PRIVATE static
#endif
#ifndef SQLITE_API
# define SQLITE_API
#endif
#define SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA
/************** Begin file sqliteInt.h ***************************************/

this is all that had to be done, wasnt it?

Thanks again for your help

Hello Dave,

Yes it should be all. I didn't answer earlier because I was working on 0.32 version.

It is now available for download. The database file dialog saves the last used path as you suggested in a previous post.

I tried this version under win xp and ubuntu. I still have stability problems with lazarus. The test programs seem to be more usable/stable when running outside the lazarus ide and the debugger.

Let me know about bugs/problems and if you can start to work quite correctly with the components...

I would also need someone to check the help file since english is not my native language and I'd like to be sure it is "understandable" by anyone!

Many Thanks.

Sincerely.

Luc

Hi Luc,

Thanks for getting back to me, I will test the 0.32 version when you put it up for download, and check the help file, although your command of english is very good, so I don't expect any errors.

Dave

Thanks for the update, I have same problem and hope 0.32 will work well.

tried this version under win xp and ubuntu. I still have stability problems with lazarus. The test programs seem to be more usable/stable when running outside the lazarus ide and the debugger.

The current version is 0.41 ... Did you want to mean "hope 0.42 will be work well" ?

Regards.

Luc